Entitlement/Permitting Specialist - Southern California
As an Entitlements/Permitting Specialist, you will assist with administration of a broad range of zoning, permitting, and code research tasks. You are responsible for coordinating with team members in other engineering disciplines to work on various stages of client projects during the site development and entitlement phase. This role requires significant exercise of judgment on details and in making preliminary selection and adaptations of development alternatives.
The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a qualified disability to perform the essential functions of a job, on a case-by-case basis.
Essential Functions (General):
- Research, review and compilation of technical data as it relates to entitlements and municipal permitting of pipeline installation and testing activities.
- Prepares federal, state and local permitting submission documents coordinating a wide range of supporting technical specialties.
- Research and interpret environmental laws and regulations.
- Analyzes, summaries and/or review data, reports findings, interprets results and/or makes recommendation.
- Provides consultation, makes recommendations, gives appropriate advice, and/or facilitates decisions.
- Effectively interact with numerous project staff, clients, and consultants to advance projects in a timely manner.
- Develop relationships with various regulators to better develop environmental filings and support project review.
- Provides responsive, high quality service to GEPermit clients, employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information, in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years work experience and solid working knowledge of pipeline entitlements and permitting practices.
- Experience working with municipalities, specifically Southern California area, and public/federal agencies such as CALTRANS and the Federal Highway Administration is highly preferable.
- Must be knowledgeable in the legal aspects of entitlements, permits, and real property interest.
- Knowledge of entitlements and permitting must span an adequate understanding of legal views, government regulations of pipeline industry, engineering, maps and drawings, public relations, public awareness, negotiation, property management and appraisal.
At GEPermit, we make sure to take care of our staff the way they take care of our clients and projects.
That is why we provide:
- Life Insurance
- 401 (k) plan
- Career development budget and educational programs reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Health & Fitness Program Reimbursements
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Deposit