GEPermit provides environmental consulting for capital improvement projects with an intentional goal: To help to improve the infrastructure of a municipality. This includes, but is not limited to, public streets, water and sewer facilities, parks and recreation centers.
PSEP Los Angeles
GEPermit’s Role in SEMPRA and SOCalGas’ Pipeline Safety Enhancement Plan (PSEP)
GEPermit currently provides municipal permitting coordination and support for the Pipeline Safety Enhancement Plan (PSEP) by SEMPRA Utilities and Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas). This plan involves:
- Conducting pressure testing or replacement of pipeline segments in order to meet modern safety standards
- Installing automatic shut off or remote-controlled valves
- Retrofitting pipelines to accommodate modern inline inspection tools.
GEPermit’s primary role in the project is to obtain the necessary municipal permits prior to the construction and excavation activities. For a multitude of municipalities within San Diego County, Los Angeles County and Orange County, GEPermit has submitted:
- Encroachment permit applications
- Excavation permit applications
- Street work permit applications
This project also requires attendance at meetings with various municipalities to provide an overview of the overall project and to discuss other critical details including public outreach, permits, traffic plans and more. GEPermit’s permitting staff has been working diligently on the project in San Diego, Riverside and Los Angeles Counties since 2014.