Mechanical Engineer - Pico Rivera, CA
The position works in support of our Material Quality Management (MQM) department, to ensure the Material Specifications (MSPs), MSP Deviations, and Approved Manufacturers are up today with both industry and company standards for pipe, valves, fittings and equipment (PVFE).
- Support MQM workflows, issues and related facilitation between MQM, established SMEs and other applicable parties.
- Review relevance of listed specifications for previously developed MSPs and highlight any areas for improvement.
- dentify, oversee, and review applicable Manufacturer Specifications (MSPs) or industry code requirements in accordance with the project design and/or engineering specifications, policies and procedures
- Support the development of MSPs for materials that were not previously defined.
- Provide engineering assessments, evaluations, analyses and reports as necessary.
- Perform root cause analyses on equipment and materials defects and/or identify gaps in the MQM process and recommend process improvements.
- Support all other requests pertaining to the role as needed.
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- 4+ years relevant working experience
- 2+ years experience in Gas infrastructure with relevant with PVFE
- Experienced and knowledge in API, ASTM & other applicable standards
- Experience developing and auditing procedures and guidelines
At GEPermit, we make sure to take care of our staff the way they take care of our clients and projects.
That is why we provide:
- Life Insurance
- 401 (k) plan
- Career development budget and educational programs reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Health & Fitness Program Reimbursements
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Deposit